Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My soundtrack (part two) ...

... While it is going to be summertime soon (hopefully), and the "The Natural" is one of my quintessential summer movies (and soundtracks), I think I found my new anthem.

I stumbled upon it while listening to my brother's ipod while we drove halfway across the country.

So the next time I need to feel heroic or need to be inspired, I'll just turn the volume up to "11" on my ipod, plop my ear buds in and play Aaron Copland's "Fanfare for the Common Man".

(give it a minute or two to load, then turn up the volume on your speakers, etc).

Something about it just gives me goosebumps ...

2 comments:

akalinear said...

It is a good piece.

Kim Uccellini-Short said...

Turn it up too loud and you'll have to make a road trip to see me for hearing aids! Sounds like you had a good time. Your blog is very funny but I guess i wouldn't expect anything less from you!