Monday, April 6, 2009

Waiting ...

... for spring!

Where the hell are you? I made snowmen yesterday with Peter in the front yard and I may light a fire in my living room fireplace tonight while I work on charts for work.

This is April - that is not right. I'm getting sick of wearing sweaters. And snowboots. And wool hats.





Even my bonsai's are confused; this poor maple and cotoneaster are trying to push out new leaves but the occasional snowstorm and freezing temps are holding them back.

I hear birds chirping every morning. The dock at the boat club has been in for a week and the river has thawed. The yuppie down the street emerged from the Starbuck's last month and didn't see his shadow, so there shouldn't be 6 more weeks of winter.

Mother Nature - wake up!

1 comment:

docbonsai said...

yes - I know I have to figure out how to set up the margins!