Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Hi, I'm a PC ... but I'd like to be a Mac" ...

Apple had their annual WWDC meeting yesterday.

I think it was held in a secret lair on Steve Job's island in the South Pacific that is uncharted and home of an immense energy source that can make time travel possible. Wait ... sorry, that's LOST.

Anyway, they announced the new iPhone yesterday - the 3GS. And it's cheaper than the previous model for the same amount of memory with new bells and whistles.

I have to admit it - I have Mac-envy. Especially every time my PC crashes at work. I was an early Mac follower - in fact, this is what I used in the 'computer labs' (remember them?) in college:



I love my first generation iPhone and I'd buy a mac computer if they weren't so expensive and/or my work would reimburse me. As of now, we're a PC-compatible company - so I'm stuck being a wannabe.

But, I'm going to pre-order the new 3GS phone. It's been a few years since I had a technology fix and I'm jonesing a little bit.

Plus, I need the 3G network so I can use my phone as a GPS on land and when I row - check out this app that I'm thinking of buying. It's a little spendy (as they say here in MN) but it's cheap compared to the real stroke coaches.

Hmm ... maybe I should learn how to row better before I worry about how fast and how far I'm going ...

No comments: