Monday, March 9, 2009

He who smelt it (part deux) ...

... So, I'm trying to transition back to the erg (indoor rowing machine) from the treadmill in hopes that I'll be able to get back on the water in a month or two and not be too pitifully out of "rowing shape".

The rowing machines at my gym are definitely a step up from the usual fare seen in gyms (I was using one at a YMCA a while ago and the chain was so rusty that it broke while I was using it - and believe me I wasn't pulling that hard) but they still aren't as nice and well maintained as the one that sits sadly folded up in the corner of my office.

So this morning, I decided I could get up 15 minutes later and workout in my office on my rowing machine instead of going to the gym. This is a bonus because Daylight Saving Time is kicking my ass bigtime.

I was surprised how relatively easy the workout was going despite not erg-ing in, oh, 4 to 5 months. Like falling off a bike, or in my case, a treadmill.

However, I have a fiber processing problem. And my office is small. And warm. And I had the door closed. For 30 sweaty, falutelence-filled minutes.

I ... need to get a fan. And maybe some beano.

No comments: