Monday, December 8, 2008

Smatterings ...

... Facebook is still evil. There's an application called "kickmania" where you paste the FB picture of a friend (or acquaintance!) on the body of an unsuspecting generic girl/guy and then you kick the shit out of them - for distance! Like I said, evil ... but disturbingly fun.

... Jock or nerd? I went to my 21st high school reunion (In know, 21st? don't ask), and while a majority of my former classmates were cool, upstanding and interesting people, there were still a handful who were acting like they were still 17. Oh well, not everyone grows up.

... News flash - Minnesota winters still suck after 7 years.

... Children are amazing. I had a particularly enjoyable weekend with my 21 month old. He was pulling out some expressions, actions and abilities that frankly blew me away. I know I'm prejudiced ... but I think he's a genius.

... I've come up with inverse workout law. The older you are, the more you need to work out. The corollary: the older you are, the less you like to work out. The corollary to the collary: the older you are, the harder it is to work out. The inverse of the inverse: everything is completely the oppopsite, the younger you are - less need, more time, easier.

I now know what my dad meant when he used to say to me as a kid, "Steven, don't get old".

Peace

No comments: