Monday, December 15, 2008

It's starting to look like Christmas ...

... especially with blowing snow and falling temps.

I haven't really been in the "christmas-spirit" the last several years. For no reason, really, just bogged down with life and work, etc.

But I feel an increasing glow from that tiny ember of spirit in my otherwise cool heart these days. I seek out the 24 hour Christmas song station on the radio while I'm in the car. I want to see gaudy front-lawn decorations. I was excited to see that Laura had put up the christmas tree early this year. I look forward to a cracking fire while Peter opens up presents on Christmas morning.

That's probably it - Peter. He's getting old enough to maybe not understand the holiday, but he'll be old enough to appreciate the gifts and family time.

It'll be a few years before he can get the "cool toys" that I'll want to play with, but when I have the chance to make him happy like every 22 month old should be - then I'll gladly call that christmas-spirit.

Peace on Earth, good wil to all men (and women).

Now, I just have to find something good for the wife ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when you get the cool toys, can i play too?