Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Okay, I know I need a little patience ...

But that never has really been my strong suit.

I'm not a complete, blithering id-driven goofball, but when something hits a chord in me, then I have to do something about it. Usually, this pertains to my hobbies, but has also gotten me married twice. Usually, it works out fine - excpet for the first marriage.

So ... I bought a boat:




Well, technically, I haven't bought it yet - I'm sending out a check tomorrow and can't pick it up until April 2009, but that's a story for another day.

Anyway, It's a 20 year old boat from a manufacturer that doesn't exist anymore. But it's pretty and has a good reputation - it's like a really good knock-off clearance item. It may be hard to see but it's part red fiberglass, part wood cockpit and has old-school film decking. It's not a sexy, single-piece, honey-comb, space-age material construction that weighs less than my toddler, but it's a nice boat.

I will go as far as to say it may even be yaarrrr. (go see "The Philadlephia Story" if you have no idea on what I'm talking about.)


So, while I couldn't afford the newest Lamborghini out there, this was an awesome deal on a garage-stored, classic corvette convertible that was only driven 2 miles to church on sundays by an old lady.

I can't wait to get on the water next spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your niece (you are hereby obligated to guess which one) says, "Mommy says, 'Is it professional to have a blog?'"

Syntactical acrobatics aside, aww, Uncle Steven is hip!